This sections explains where all the relevant jar files are located. It also lists Cayenne dependencies.
The following runtime jars are included in Cayenne distribution "lib" directory:
- cayenne-server-x.x.jar - contains full Cayenne runtime WITHOUT dependencies. Most applications will use only this file.
- cayenne-client-x.x.jar - a subset of cayenne-server.jar trimmed for use on the client in an ROP application.
- cayenne-tools-x.x.jar - Ant tasks
- cayenne-modeler-x.x.jar - CayenneModeler runtime library. Most applications won't ever use it. It is only needed for the local JNDI hack.
When using cayenne-server-x.x.jar you'll need a few third party jars (all included in "lib/third-party" directory of the distribution):
- ObjectStyle Ashwood Graph Library, version 2.0
- Apache Velocity Template Engine, version 1.3 (and all its dependencies bundled with velocity-dep)
- Apache Commons Collections, version 3.1
- Apache Commons Logging, version 1.1
ROP client dependencies are explained here.
One or more of the following libraries may be needed depending on how you use Cayenne:
- Apache Ant, version 1.6 or newer. Needed for Cayenne Ant Tasks.
- Apache Commons Pool, version 1.2 and Apache Commons DBCP, version 1.2.1. Needed if you use DBCPDataSourceFactory for one of the DataNodes.
- JGroups, version 2.2.7 or newer. Needed if you plan to use remote notifications via JGroups transport.
- Java Messaging Service (JMS). Needed if you plan to use remote notifications via JMS transport.
- Foundry Logic VPP Library, version 2.2.1 (included in "lib/third-party" directory of the distribution). Needed for class generation options with Ant.
- OSCache version 2.3.2 or newer. Needed if you plan to use OSCache as your query results cache provider.