- All Superinterfaces:
- All Known Subinterfaces:
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- AbstractQuery, BatchQuery, DeleteBatchQuery, DeleteQuery, EJBQLQuery, EOQuery, EOSQLQuery, IndirectQuery, InsertBatchQuery, NamedQuery, ObjectIdQuery, PrefetchSelectQuery, ProcedureQuery, QualifiedQuery, QueryChain, RefreshQuery, RelationshipQuery, SelectQuery, SQLTemplate, UpdateBatchQuery, UpdateQuery
public interface Query
- extends Serializable
Defines minimal API of a query descriptor that is executable via Cayenne.
QueryMetadata getMetaData(EntityResolver resolver)
- Returns query runtime parameters. The method is called at various stages of the
execution by Cayenne access stack to retrieve query parameters. EntityResolver
instance is passed to this method, meaning that the query doesn't need to store
direct references to Cayenne mapping objects and can resolve them at runtime.
void route(QueryRouter router,
- A callback method invoked by Cayenne during the routing phase of the query
execution. Mapping of DataNodes is provided by QueryRouter. Query should use a
QueryRouter.route(QueryEngine, Query, Query) callback method to route
itself. Query can create one or more substitute queries or even provide its own
QueryEngine to execute itself.
SQLAction createSQLAction(SQLActionVisitor visitor)
- A callback method invoked by Cayenne during the final execution phase of the query
run. A concrete query implementation is given a chance to decide how it should be
handled. Implementors can pick an appropriate method of the SQLActionVisitor to
handle itself, create a custom SQLAction of its own, or substitute itself with
another query that should be used for SQLAction construction.
- Returns a symbolic name of the query. The name may be used as a key to find queries
stored in the DataMap. Some query implementors reuse the name as a QueryMetadata
cache key. Generally the name can be null.
Copyright © 2001-2011 Apache Cayenne. All Rights Reserved.