This sections explains where all the relevant jar files are located. It also lists Cayenne dependencies.
One of two Cayenne jar files, cayenne.jar or cayenne-nodeps.jar, should be accessible in runtime (i.e. present in the application CLASSPATH). Either one or the other should be used (but not both at the same time). In most cases cayenne.jar is the best choice. It has Cayenne classes as well as a minimum set of third-party dependencies. Bundled dependencies include:
- ObjectStyle Ashwood Graph Library, version 1.1
- Apache Velocity Template Engine, version 1.3 (and all its dependencies bundled with velocity-dep)
- Apache Log4J, version 1.2.9
- Apache Commons Lang, version 2.1
- Apache Commons Collections, version 3.1
- Apache Commons Logging, version 1.0.4
If bundled Cayenne dependencies conflict with different versions of the same library, a leaner cayenne-nodeps.jar file should be used. In this case all the dependencies above must be provided by the user.
One or more of the following libraries may be needed depending on how you use Cayenne:
- Apache Ant, version 1.6 or newer. Needed for Cayenne Ant Tasks.
- Apache Commons Pool, version 1.2 and Apache Commons DBCP, version 1.2.1. Needed if you use DBCPDataSourceFactory for one of the DataNodes.
- JGroups, version 2.2.7 or newer. Needed if you plan to use remote notifications via JGroups transport.
- Java Messaging Service (JMS). Needed if you plan to use remote notifications via JMS transport.
- JDOM, version 1.0. Needed if you use DataViews.
Java classes and resources used exclusively by CayenneModeler and not required by the runtime are located in [cayenne_install_dir]/lib/modeler/ directory:
cayenne-modeler.jar implicitly relies on the presence of [cayenne_install_dir]/lib/cayenne.jar. Instructions on how to start modeler can be found here.