This page can be viewed as a Remote Object Persistence TODO. The following things are pending improvement:
- Client classes have to be available to the server JVM.
- No pure XML web service with a defined WSDL (although binary Hessian service is available for many languages other than Java)
- No attribute and relationship-level security.
- No query-level security.
- No role-based security.
- No support for doing arbitrary server method calls.
- No support for ResultIterator-like functionality.
- No support for nested contexts in the remote tier.